Governor Phil Murphy has announced his Leadership Team that will serve with him in the State Capitol in Trenton. Governor Murphy describes this team as bringing a "wide range of experience, new ideas, and genuine enthusiasm needed for turning our state around and making New Jersey a state that works for all residents and not just a select few." Murphy added, “I am confident that, together, we will change the culture in Trenton, set an example for principled leadership, and accomplish great things for New Jersey.”
The Governor's senior front office staff includes:
- Adam Alonso, Deputy Chief of Staff for Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs,who currently serves as Political Affairs Director for the gubernatorial transition.
- Robert Asaro-Angelo, Labor Commissioner, who previously represented the eastern region in Obama's labor department from 2010 until last February. He has a union background, having worked for the Laborers International Union of North America, AFSCME and SEIU 1199.
- Justin Braz, Deputy Chief of Staff for Legislative Affairs, who previously served as Labor Director for Victory 2017 and was Chief of Staff to Assembly Budget Chairman Gary S. Schaer.
- Kathleen Frangione, Chief Policy Advisor, who was previously at Washington, D.C.-based policy and political consultancy the Signal Group, where she is an Executive Vice President.
- Parimal Garg, Deputy Chief Counsel, served as a Senior Policy Advisor during the gubernatorial campaign and helped formulate the campaign’s substantive positions.
- Mahen Gunaratna, Director of Communications, has served as Deputy Communications Director to New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio since January 2017 and previously served as the Mayor’s Research Director and as an aide to his mayoral campaign.
- Lynn Haynes, Deputy Chief of Staff for Cabinet Affairs & Operations, is a partner in the Trenton-based Advocacy & Management Group, which she joined in 2014 after four years as Deputy Executive Director and Chief Counsel for Senate President Steve Sweeney and the Senate Majority Office.
- Joe Kelley, Deputy Chief of Staff for Economic Growth, previously served as Deputy Campaign Manager and Finance Director for Murphy for Governor.
- Mary K. E. Maples, Deputy Chief Counsel for Authorities, currently serves as Senior Counsel in the Authorities Unit.
- Kate McDonnell, Deputy Chief Counsel, currently serves as General Counsel to the Assembly Majority Office.
- Scarlett Rajski, Director of Appointments, works in the Corporate & Regulatory Affairs division at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.
- Matt Platkin, Chief Counsel, most recently served as Policy Director for Murphy for Governor.
- Peter Cammarano, Chief of Staff, who has previously served as Chief of Staff to Governor Richard Codey when he assumed that role in 2004.
- Stephanie Lagos, Chief of Staff to First Lady Tammy Snyder Murphy, was a Senior Policy Advisory to the Murphy for Governor campaign, and previously served as Deputy Chief of Staff and Legislative Director to Assemblyman Schaer.