- Bob Hugin is lying about Senator Menendez and Bob Hugin knows it
- These are the same smears and lies that were made against Senator Menendez six years ago and they are still smears and lies.
- Even though the allegations made against the Senator were done so by both an anonymously and an alt-right blog, the FBI fully and thoroughly investigated them and found no evidence to support them.
- Neither the FBI nor the press ever found anyone who could corroborate the allegations.
- In fact, two of the women completely denied the allegations when questioned and three others admitted that they were paid to lie and recanted their statements.
- Bob Hugin's attempt to use the #metoo movement to advance his political agenda is sickening. He will say and do anything to buy a Senate seat.
- This ad is exactly why Bob Hugin is unfit for the office he is seeking.
- Senator Menendez has always been an advocate for women and has introduced the Equal Rights Amendment and helped pass laws like the MOTHERS Act and the Violence Against Women Act. Bob Hugin sued to keep women out of his exclusive eating club.
Bob Menendez for Sentate Campaign Statement - October 15, 2018
Menendez Campaign Statement on Hugin Ads
New Brunswick, NJ – The Menendez for Senate Campaign released the following statement from Communications Director Steve Sandberg in reaction to new, false ads being aired by greedy, drug company CEO Bob Hugin:
“It is clear that Bob Hugin will say, do and spend whatever he wants to try to deceive New Jersey voters and buy a Senate seat. This is a disgraceful act by a desperate man. They are lies and he knows it. He is peddling the same lies and smears right-ring groups concocted six years ago that have since been independently investigated and proven utterly false by reputable news organizations—like CNN, the Washington Post, ABC News, Univision and others—as well as the FBI. While it should come as no surprise to anyone that a greedy, drug company CEO who preyed on the sick and suffering to get rich would stoop this low, this act in and of itself proves Bob Hugin lacks the integrity, fitness and moral character to serve in the U.S. Senate.”