NOTICE TO VOTERS – It is important to properly cast your vote for a Write-In or Personal Choice Candidate will not be counted by the voting machine. The office chosen when a Write-In or Personal Choice vote is entered is the only office for which that vote will be recorded. Any improperly cast vote will not be counted. Please review the instructions carefully before entering your Write-In or Personal Choice Candidate. If you have any questions regarding casting a vote for a Write-in or Personal Choice Candidate, please ask the district board worker prior to entering the voting booth.
The following is a step-by-step procedure for casting a vote for a write-in or personal choice candidate:
- For contests that allow write-in votes, touch the PERSONAL CHOICE selection on the contest screen.
- The system displays an on-screen keyboard.
- Touch the on-screen keyboard to enter the write-in name, then touch “Accept”. The Name will now appear on the screen for that contest.
- Continue voting until all contests in this election have been completed.
- When all selections are made, review the screen to verify and/or change selections before printing or casting the ballot.
AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED VOTING THE ENTIRE BALLOT, PRESS THE GREEN 'PRINT BALLOT’ BUTTON LOCATED ON YOUR LOWER RIGHT-HAND SIDE. DO NOT PRESS THE 'CAST BALLOT' BUTTON UNTIL YOU HAVE REVIEWED YOUR PRINTED BALLOT AND ARE READY FOR YOUR VOTE TO BE COUNTED. ANY CHANGES TO YOUR PRINTED BALLOT REQUIRE YOU TO QUIT THE VOTING SESSION PRIOR TO CASTING YOUR BALLOT.