NJ FORWARD is HIRING!!!
Salary: $4000/mo plus benefits
Forward 2021 – A Little About Us
The NJDSC’s Forward 2021 project is building a one-of-a-kind team in order to elect Democratic
candidates up and down the ballot in the November 2021 General Election. By joining Forward
2021 you will work closely with a dedicated team committed to the Democratic Party vision of
building a stronger and fairer New Jersey.
Forward 2021 offers competitive salaries, health benefits, and a collaborative work
environment. On this team, you will find a positive culture that leads to new professional
development opportunities for yourself with an overall mission to elect Democrats throughout
Your Position with the Campaign
The Field Organizer is responsible for supervising Interns and Volunteers for direct voter
contact and engagement. With consideration to state party COVID policy and protocols, this
role is expected to be in person post-primary (June 8). This is not an entry-level role.
The Field Organizer will work closely with all Forward 2021 Organizing staff and reports directly
to the Regional Organizing Director and upper level field staff.
Responsibilities and Scope
● Develop and manage a team of volunteers and interns through regular training and coaching to ensure region is operating effectively and efficiently
● Build political relationships among progressive and Democratic community members and leaders
● Meet and exceed organizing program goals
● Accurate and timely reporting
● Perform other duties as needed
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and clearly communicate with different types of stakeholders, from elected officials to grassroots activists
● Experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
● Strong communication skills and ability to communicate priorities, needs and expectations up and down the chain of command
● Must have access to a vehicle and a cellphone
● Personal and professional commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.
● No prior experience required, but one cycle of campaign field experience is strongly preferred
● Commitment to building a strong team culture through training and mutual accountability
● Basic knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN is preferred but not required
● Strong knowledge of Google Docs, basic computer literacy, and access to a reliable laptop
● Ability to work long, irregular hours in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
● Ability to work independently and in team settings
● A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and an ability to relocate as needed
● Experience in political campaigns
● Willingness to be creative and experiment within the scope of the position
● An understanding of the New Jersey political landscape is a plus.
● A sense of humor
Salary: $4000/mo plus benefits
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected] with “[NAME]: Field
Organizer” in the subject line. Forward 2021 does not require cover letters.
Forward 2021 is an equal opportunity employer. Forward 2021 believes every employee has the
right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our
commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion. Consistent with applicable federal, state and
local laws, Forward 2021 provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all
aspects of the employment relationship. This includes employment decisions related to hiring,
promotions, transfers, disciplinary action, termination, and training.